Current Job Openings
The Milnes Co., Inc. is seeking carpenters and general laborers. Carpenters must have basic carpentry skills and form work experience. Laborers must have the ability to use and operate basic power tools. Applicant must have valid driver’s license and reliable means of transportation. Must be willing to travel. Drug testing and background checks are required. Apply at 12 Frear Hill Road, Tunkhannock, or call George at 570-836-2145.
Milnes Engineering is looking for an experienced civil/environmental engineer to be involved in a wide range of engineering projects, primarily focused upon water and wastewater facilities and systems. Candidate to be a successful, mid-career engineer with a strong background in this area of expertise.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design and management of water and wastewater projects in both PA and NY. This would include preparation of design reports, permit applications, permit and construction drawings and specifications, cost estimates, bid documents and other contract document material.
- Consultation with existing water and wastewater facilities owners and operators related to asset management and operational upgrades, troubleshooting of process operations, etc.
- Serve as a key member of the company management team and consistently implement ideas to provide growth in the water and wastewater markets. This includes working with management to identify and hire capable staff to support these efforts.
- Coordination with MEI’s sister construction company (The Milnes Co. Inc.) on various construction project opportunities. This may include a complete design-build effort, consultation related to value engineering of a project, or other miscellaneous engineering support.
- Develop project budgets and schedules with applicable staff and monitor closely to ensure optimal project performance and profitability.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. He or she will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties requested by his or her supervisor.
- Familiarization with computer aided design and drafting skills
- Must be detail and quality oriented
- Able to handle multiple projects concurrently and maintain flexibility to changes in work assignments as changes occur in projects
- Ability to function in a team environment and culture of cooperation and collaboration
Experience and Education: BS degree in Civil or Environmental Engineering minimum.
Certifications: Registered Professional Engineer in Pennsylvania required. Licensure in NY will also be necessary, but may be obtained upon hire if applicable.
Salary and Benefits: MEI offers a very competitive package of benefits including 401K, health, vision and dental insurance, and paid time off. Salary/Wages based on experience and qualifications.